Monday, July 2, 2012

A Noise Full of Deep

By A. J. Huffman

I am between.
Where breath ends
and air begins.
You cannot escape me.
I am in control
of everything.
Your life.
Your lips.
Your sin.
I know you.
I own you.
So let me in.
I will fill you
fuller than light.
But be careful
if I turn.
My other side
is a vacuum.
Sucking.
Sucking.
Sucking.
Until all you are.
Is gone.


A.J. Huffman is a poet and freelance writer in Daytona Beach, Florida.  She has previously published four collections of poetry: The Difference Between Shadows and Stars, Carrying Yesterday, Cognitive Distortion, and . . . And Other Such Nonsense.  She has also published her work in national and international literary journals such as Avon Literary Intelligencer, Writer's Gazette, and The Penwood Review.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you include links in your comment the whole comment will likely be deleted as spam. You have been warned! Otherwise, dialoguing with these poems is encouraged.