Monday, July 1, 2019

It Should’ve Been A Red Flag

By Alexandria Warneke

When you got so damn angry at the person that parked too close to your car in the lot that you took a hot sauce packet and poured it all over their window and yelled
“they did that because they knew it was my car that asshole”

During the 2016 election when you kept telling me a woman can never be president And that you’d be bothered by me following my dream of being a lawyer because that would mean you’d make less than me

It would hurt your ego
When every time I saw you you’d ask me “so like how many weeks until you’ll be ready”
Every time
I’d tell you it’s not a thing I can put a time limit on I just don’t feel comfortable that’s all

Then you hit me
And called me a cunt
And fucked me while I cried

And all you ever worry about is your ego.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you include links in your comment the whole comment will likely be deleted as spam. You have been warned! Otherwise, dialoguing with these poems is encouraged.