Thursday, October 18, 2018

Kanye West is not Picasso

By Leonard Cohen

Kanye West is not Picasso
I am Picasso
Kanye West is not Edison
I am Edison
I am Tesla
Jay-Z is not the Dylan of anything
I am the Kanye West of Kanye West
I am the Kanye West
of the great bogus shift of bullshit culture
From one boutique to the next
I am Tesla
I am his coil
The coil that made electricity soft as a bed
I am the Kanye West Kanye West thinks he is
when he shoves your ass off the stage
I am the real Kanye West
I don't get around much anymore
I never have 
I only come alive after a war 
And we have not had it yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you include links in your comment the whole comment will likely be deleted as spam. You have been warned! Otherwise, dialoguing with these poems is encouraged.