Monday, June 26, 2017

13 Things I Hate About You

By a Planned Parenthood staffer

Dear American "Health Care" Act,

I hate the way you don't represent me
and the way you steal our care
If I told you you're strip Medicaid from millions
would that show you the burden that we'd bear?

I hate the way you're written only by men
Thought its millions of women who will be left behind
I hate your tactics so much it makes me sick
Your drafting in secret is making me lose my mind

I hate the way you treat my community
Like we have done something wrong
Because our sexual health needs are different from yours
Suddenly our need for health care is not as strong?

I hate the way your writers' egos
Are filled with so much gall

But mostly I hate the way you don't really care about Americans' health
Not even close
Not even a little bit
Not even at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you include links in your comment the whole comment will likely be deleted as spam. You have been warned! Otherwise, dialoguing with these poems is encouraged.