Sunday, May 6, 2012

Application Day

By Rabbi Nehama Benmosch

You were born in my heart
A long time ago
I’ll say

I thought about you all the time

I imagined you here
I imagined all of your faces
And all the ways you could have been

I imagined you as a boy
and as a girl
I imagined you coming from me once
I imagined you growing in a love of mine
I imagined you in a hospital
          In a hut
          Outside

I imagined you crying
          And laughing
          And smiling
          And wondering

Your soul connected to mine
Before we had bodies
Before there was a when
          Or a where
          Or a how

And I always knew
When the day was right
When we were ready
That it would be time

Time for that love
          Born in my heart
          Long ago

To grow bigger than anything I could ever imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you include links in your comment the whole comment will likely be deleted as spam. You have been warned! Otherwise, dialoguing with these poems is encouraged.