Sunday, October 6, 2013

Dog Training

By Bonnie Lyons

Sometimes I think
the only lessons I ever learned
were from my dogs.
So here is the accumulated wisdom
of Sancho, Max, and Zorba,
three sage Airedales:

First, yelp when you're in pain
but let it go when it's gone.

Second, travel the earth
with a quivering nose.

Third, answer the needs of your body
with shameless relish
but then go right on
to the real purpose of the day: play.

And finally, whenever possible
leap right
into the arms of someone
who loves you.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I could have sworn I’ve visited this web site before but after going through some of the posts I realized it’s new to me. Regardless, I’m definitely pleased I found it and I’ll be bookmarking it and checking back regularly!


    Wireless Dogs Fence Review

    ReplyDelete

If you include links in your comment the whole comment will likely be deleted as spam. You have been warned! Otherwise, dialoguing with these poems is encouraged.